Are you a business development manager who is able to build long-term partnerships with our customers? Are you experienced in developing a strategy to market investment solutions in the Dutch Institutional market? Do you have a broad network in the Dutch market? Are you familiar with pension related trends and developments in the Dutch market? Do you enjoy working in a challenging, open and international work environment that offers you opportunities for continuous professional development? Join us and build on our ambition to strengthen our position as leading asset manager.
Institutional Clients (IC) Netherlands is the “center of expertise” for Business Development and Relationship Management for NN IP’s institutional clients and prospects. Our client base consists of pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, charities, governments, corporates and financial institutions.
IC Netherlands is responsible for closing new investment mandates and solutions (including APF and DC) and servicing existing clients. We are the first point of contact for our clients and provide (strategic) advice for high-level asset management solutions through regular clients meetings and tailor-made research and reports.
The main objectives of the IC Netherlands department are (cross) sales, client retention and client satisfaction. We aim to raise the quality of our services by having a client-centric view and by focusing on “getting the basics right”. IC Netherlands consists of two teams who work closely together: the Relationship Management Team and the Business Development Team. For our Business Development team we are looking for an experienced Business Developer with a proven track record in the Dutch Institutional market.
What are we looking for?
NN Investment Partners (NN IP) is looking for a Senior Hybrid Business Developer to help sell NN IP investment mandates and solutions (including APF and DC) to the Dutch institutional market. This position will 1) be responsible for overall business development, 2) actively be present in the market, 3) establish communication with potential customers, 4) analyse new situations,5) anticipates on future trends and assesses business opportunities for NN IP.
The ideal candidate will help NN IP shape the future of a thought leader in pension investment solutions. Responsibilities include broad market penetration of NN IP in the pension market segment. The ideal candidate will possess both sales and pension content background that enables them to drive an engagement at the pension board level as well as with investment specialist. Ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, result driven and able to build bridges, both internal and external.
Your main responsibilities
- Managing and developing institutional and distributor client relationships and contribute to the strengthening and
- Take ownership of the entire business development process with clients and prospects; promote and develop relationships by regular contact and develop a relevant understanding of their requirements, limitations and preferences, organise road shows, due diligence activities and negotiations with investors with regard to legal and commercial aspects
- Interact with the required internal departments to follow-up on client queries relating to business development
- Contribute to formulating the yearly and medium term objectives of the team and determine the strategy to realize these objectives
- Strongly contribute to the success of the team by supporting and sharing information
- Being flexible in order for the team to be successful
- Initiation of and active participation in client education programmes for pension boards
- Being the ambassador of our organisation
Your experience and skills
- University degree and additional professional qualification such as a or VBA
- Strong and proven track record in raising assets from institutional investors in the Dutch market and experience to manage sophisticated client relationships
- Extensive (minimum 10 years) relevant experience in a similar role
- Concrete broad network in the industry wide pension fund world (Bedrijfstakpensioenfondsen)
- Broad experience in and knowledge of Fiduciary management, APF and DC/PPI
- In-depth knowledge of Fixed Income and LDI Solutions in particular, next to Multi Asset and Equity products
- Good understanding of the macro-economic and financial market environment
- Excellent Dutch as well English writing and presenting skills required
- Used to work in an environment with several peak moments and targets (no 9 to 5 mentality)
- Perseverance and Customer Focus
- The ability of connecting people
- Professional expertise and market focus
- A proven and pro-active team player
Your department and challenge
The business development team is looking forward to meet an ambitious and talented individual that enjoys working in a team setting. With the support of the team, he/she will contribute to sustaining our position in the market and take an active role in developing our business and opportunities. Taking initiatives, sharing knowledge and ideas is encouraged and a flexible work environment and room for individual development and rewards is provided.
We offer you
- The opportunity to influence the future of an international top-tier asset manager;
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development;
- Modern working conditions that give room for individual choices.
Application & Contact
Please apply online via the hyperlink to ensure a smooth application procedure. For more information regarding the role or the selection procedure you can contact Titia in ‘t Veld, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that applications via e-mail and third party applications are not taken into consideration.