Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your programming or database skills in a real-world context? Are you eager to be part of a quant development team inside the front office?
As an intern you will mainly be working with a large proprietary databases used for research, investment and reporting. You will be supporting the daily operations and perform various data analysis tasks. Depending on your areas of expertise, you will make significant contributions to either our database components, the accompanying tooling or data flows. You may investigate next generation technologies and implement and evaluate proof of concepts. Finally, you will be exposed to a dynamic, customer-focused quantitative finance environment.
The candidate will be involved in the following:
- Manage periodical procedures like generating risk model outputs and generating reports;
- Development in SQL Server and .NET environments;
- Data management and analysis;
- Analyze and test various developments, reporting and data provisions.
Your experience and skills
- Affinity with SQL, C#, data analysis, mathematics.
- Strong and highly structured programming skills, ideally substantiated with contributions to tangible (GitHub) projects.
- Fluent English speaking and writing.
- Enthusiastic / motivated
- Accurate / attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team player
- Eager to learn
The Quant Research and Strategy team is responsible for a wide range of quantitative strategies and services provided across many investment teams residing within our Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset platforms. Empirical research, strategy development, portfolio optimization and risk analyses are core activities within QRS.
The quant development team
The infrastructure currently consists of SQL Server database and tooling in .NET (C#/F#). The code base is under constant development as well as being under scrutiny for refactoring opportunities and potential migration to fashionable cloud-based technologies. The quant development team operates according to agile (and even continuous deployment) development principles. The team takes on anything from database design, data analysis and econometric methodologies to GUI tooling.
- 6 months internship
- Internship allowance (HBO €450, University €600)
- 36 hours work week
- Travelling compensation
- Comprehensive induction/orientation program
- Learn from on-the-job coaching
- Structured feedback sessions
- Opportunity to work in a team that directly supports the investment process
- We do not offer internship for the purpose of writing a thesis
Note that applications via e-mail and third party applications are not taken into consideration. Next to a resume a motivational letter is required.
For more information about the application you can contact the NN Internship Office, phone: 070 513 4629 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Within two weeks you will receive a response to your application.