We are looking for an ambitious intern to reinforce the Finance team responsible for our Insurance Assets. Are you ready for a challenge in Accounting and Reporting and able to deal with tight deadlines and peak loads? Would you like to gain work experience in a dynamic environment that requires you to react quickly to economic, financial and political developments around the world? If you recognize yourself in this profile, then we have just the right internship position for you!
Departments main responsibilities
- Manage the (internal) general ledgers of the Insurance Clients and responsible for reporting according to both the ‘group accounting framework’ and the ‘local accounting framework’ (both IFRS)
- Monthly reports including analyses
- Providing clear interpretation of rules and requirements to owner of source system concerning the information requirements and be responsible for updating procedures (SOX, IFRS, Solvency II)
- Managing the (internal) general ledger of the Trading Vehicle for Derivatives including the intercompany reconciliation
- Consolidation reporting
- Participate in projects
- Gain experience in Accounting and Reporting
- Gain knowledge of asset management in an insurance environment
- Gain knowledge of regulatory requirements (DNB,WFT), AO/IC, Solvency II and IFRS
- Gain knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems
- Gain knowledge Month end Closing process Trading Vehicle is a plus
- Gain knowledge of Derivatives
- Gain knowledge of (advanced) Hedge Accounting
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
a Bachelor/Master (University) student Finance / Accounting.
- Team player, but can also work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive, can do attitude
- Excellent communicative skills
- Flexible attitude and mentality
- Stress resistant
Your department and challenge
The department is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting of the investment portfolios of the NN Insurance companies in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain and Greece. All accounting and reporting activities have to comply with internal (clients, group) and external (supervisor) requirements. In the changing environment the department has to act as a partner in business by being able to analyze and – if required – be able to quickly implement new strategies and / or products. Moreover, the department has to be able to quickly react on new requirements of the external supervisor (among others changes in IFRS).
We offer you
- The opportunity to gain inside knowledge and work experience within an international asset manager;
- Experience and work in an entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your professional development.
- Internship allowance of €600 (University) based on an 36-hours workweek.
Application & Requirements
Students have to be currently enrolled in a Bachelor/Master’s programme to be eligible for this internship.
Students with passports from outside the EU need to be in the possession of a valid (Dutch IND) residence permit to apply for this internship.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration. Next to a resume a motivational letter is required.
For more information about the application you can contact the NN Internship Office, phone: 070 513 4629 or email: email@example.com.
Within two weeks you will receive a response to your application.